Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dinner-0, Blender-1

Disclosure: Dnner absolutely sucked tonight. I was hungry and prepared, had all the ingredients and was ready to go. I had shopped ahead of time and had actually made a menu. But you know the saying about best laid plans? Well if you do, let me know, because I'm drawing a blank!

Anyway, I re-attempted the pesto a la' several weeks ago. However, I must've gotten much too cocky :) This time, all the ingredients got jammed up in my blender. When I went to taste it, I got a huge chunk of garlic. It wasn't blending at all; it just spread up around the sides. An hour later and I'm still tasting it! Ugh!

I took a wooden spoon and stuffed the ingredients down and around the blade and tried again. Same thing. Repeat time 3. Same thing. It wasn't ground up, and tasted like salty wet leaves with big chunks of garlic and almonds. Yum!

Argh! I recruited the husband to fix the blender, but it wasn't happening. Meanwhile, the noodles were ready and I was starving. I recruited a jar of spaghetti sauce to save the day. At this point I inadvertently sat the (plastic) bottle of olive oil and its cap on a hot burner.

Melted plastic + dinner fail + supreme hunger = glass of wine which made everything better :)

hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Love,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment