Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Baby Husbands

I think that men are genetically programmed to remain babies forever when they don't feel well. Case in Point. My husband, nearly 30 years old, texted me this morning. "Think I'm going home soon." He had a scratchy throat and couldn't take being at work, and went home early. Then came the request for chicken soup from the store. Then a call for Ricola. By the time I get home, I have a full on, stuffy-headed, baby-scratchy voiced husband. :)

He has the funniest way of putting things. "I can feel my joints. Like I'm on the verge of getting sick, not quite yet really, but one day away from being really sick."* It's like the old men who can feel in their bones that it will rain next Tuesday. ;)

Now he's been asleep for the past 2 hours on the sofa. On the verge of getting sick.

I think when women get sick, they are hardwired to just go until they can't go anymore. I hate taking sick days. It totally killed me to take so many days when I hurt my finger, but I was in so much pain that I couldn't do much of anything. I don't have kids, but my friends who have babies still have to take care of their every need, all the while being SICK!

I'm off to go get my big baby some ibuprofen, as he just woke up moaning, "Is it tomorrow yet?" :)

Love,

The Mrs.

*this may be slightly exagerated.

**also, for the record, when I am really sick or hurt...I get flowers, soup, the works. He's good like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment