Friday, October 29, 2010

22, 28. 22, 28....

The title of this post references one of my favorite scenes in the movie, "The Sweetest Thing." Cameron Diaz's character does a cute little move that shows the difference in where her boobs were at age 22, and where they now are at age 28. (they are lower!)

I'm sad because I've tried to link it but not working. :( I found it on Youtube under Cameron Diaz and Christina Applegate, the Gravity Scene in The Sweetest Thing. I hate it when I can't link, because I actually bored my own self typing that out.

Anyway. Moving on.

Even though I haven't hit the 30 mark yet, my life is drastically different from where it was when I was 22.

Case in point.

Work

22: Work 3-11pm. Change clothes in the bathroom at work to go out. Don't really care who noticed. Spend $10 on "dollar beer night" at the pub. Crawl in bed around 3. Drag self out of bed around 11. Do it again! Everyday! Full of energy, rarin' to go! YAY!

28: Drink 3 cups of coffee after prying self out of bed. Work 9-12, paperwork until 2, meet with clients from 2-7. Eat. Watch TV. Fantasize about winning the lottery so that I can pay off my student loans and all the debt I racked up when I was 22.


School


22: Work 7-3 shift on school days, in order to attend classes at night. Find reliable friend (ahem, Sarah, ahem) who is organized, so that I don't miss project deadlines, due dates. Get straight A's. (thank you Sarah!)

28: Master's Degree Complete! But. Start getting student loan bills. All the time. Learn that I actually need to continue for 2 more years and get licensed to actually use degree appropriately. What?!?! Shit.


Social

22: See aforementioned dollar beer nights, watch roommates play video games. Pine after a guy who does not "need a commitment right now."

28: See my friends at Wine Nights and the gym. Get Married! (Hey, at least this one's better!) :)

FAMILY

22: Called family randomly. No family close by. Bit lonesome, actually.

28: Enter Facebook. Family overload! :) In-laws, step-family, mom, dad, everyone in contact all the time.

So, really, most things have actually gotten better! And thank you Jesus, my boobs are still the same. :)

Love,

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment